12.12.2005

ducks


the other day,
as i was returning home from work, i was stopped dead in my tracks. it's usually a leisurely six-block walk, during which, in inhurried progress, i consider certain things like, 'what shall i make myself for dinner?' or, 'i wonder if there is anything fun going on tonight?' but not this time. struck with horror at the impassable road block consisting of three ravenous mallards, i backed slowly down the sidewalk, retracing my steps to the nearest cross street that i could take to the back alley. but there's no water anywhere near here, i thought to myself. what on earth are three ducks doing, in the middle of the city, on the sidewalk in front of me? were they malicious? undoubtedly. out to get me? likely. it was surely an ominous sign, but as of yet it hasn't come to anything. i don't know if i'll sleep tonight.

4 comments:

bri and shawn said...

dumb ducks. they're supposed to be going SOUTH, not CITY-WARD.

Anonymous said...

i don't really have anything interesting to impart. i'm simply awaiting my friend's imminent arrival and therefore decided to spam your blog with bloated unnecessary commentary. in the wake of such a decision, perhaps you will decide to further moderate your co...

ooo! ducks!

rob said...

hahahahaha

-norb

Anonymous said...

That's awesome.
Anything fun happening tonight?