9.12.2007

At least 4 N.W.T election candidates have criminal pasts...

I got a chuckle from this headline in today's CBC.ca newsfeed: 


"At least four candidates in Northwest Territories election have criminal records- and in one case, the would-be legislator is still wanted by police, according to court files."

Well, I guess I can understand. After all, who among us doesn't make the occasional death threat or obstruct justice by releasing crickets in the local courtroom? In any case, at least we have elections and our government representatives aren't guilty of crimes against humanity (I'll make a note that I'm speaking only about the situation in Canada...)

Click the title to link to the article.


1 comment:

Brad said...

Ahh, but most of them are pretty minor. Unsafe storage of a firearm? In the NWT? That's pretty much to be expected. Resisting arrest, but no other charges? Releasing crickets? I'd vote for any one of those 3.

Assault and death threats, though. Not sure if he's the man I'd want in charge.

Are things settling down in Burundi?