5.04.2007

Three Notifications

I'd like to direct your attention to the result of some of my energies here in Burundi: Help Channel Burundi's website! The finished product was masterfully put together by Catharine Graff of Studio53, to whom many many thanks are owed. Check out her stuff if you or anyone you know is in need of some design work.

Secondly, a wonderful piece of news is that Westside Church in Vancouver, BC has adopted me as a missionary. They will be partnering with me and Help Channel over the next few years, beginning with the printing of a promotional package I've created for Help Channel- a brochure, business cards, letterhead and envelopes.

Lastly, my good friends Lars and Matt are setting out on Sunday for their long-awaited pan-african adventure: Cairo to Capetown. I'll be joining them for a small stretch, but I have yet to decide which; I'm thinking coastal Tanzania. Follow their their progress at larsandmattinafrica.blogspot.com.

3 comments:

sara said...

trying to be better at commenting...job well done on the website. definitely excited that you've been adopted. will be tracking lars and matt and hoping to meet them if/when they come through buja. see you tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

The video on the Help Channel Burundi website is really beautiful! It is so inspiring to see a community so empowered to help themselves, help each other and help their environment. It's great to see the ownership they have for the reforestation project, that is probably one of the most crucial things to guarantee success in their community once your gone! Feel really secure about that! :)

Dean and Jocelyn Fleet said...

Brandon - long time no talk. I stumbled upon your site after looking at my Uncle's page, and being directed this way. I am so touched by your work...brings tears to my eyes...extra special considering my husband and I just returned from a 4 month stint in Kenya last week. I would love to hear more about what you are doing etc...e-mail me if you get a chance jocelynvoth@yahoo.ca (this is all assuming you even remember who I am!) Praying for you.