11.28.2005

eggnog


eggnog incites nostalgia. each year, with the release of the precious liquid of life quick on the heels of halloween's retreat, i begin to think about being home for the holidays. those precient sages who first mixed nog and espresso have become my magi. hints of nutmeg transport me back to the days when i used to sneak whole glasses of nog from my parents' fridge, without the requisite equal-part milk dilution. vancouver's meteorological predictions now often include flurries, and there were supposedly even said precipitatory permutations this morning (but long before i dragged my overslept behind out of bed). i can't wait for the freezing dry ontario air to steal my breath on the first inhalation upon exiting the plane. i look forward to long hugs from my family and friends. to stealing undiluted glass-fulls of nog from my parents' fridge. and attempting to extract all that has occurred in the lives of those whom i love over eggnog lattes. a sweet reunion.

ps: my sister is a star. and not only do i get to spend Christmas and new year's with her, but she's coming out to the wet coast just after, to spend a couple days of layover with me on her way to hawaii. perhaps she'll take me with her....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm a star, too.

brando said...

holy eyelashes!